Should I buy a license to get the support?
No ... but of course we're prioritizing customers who purchased a license
1. Register using: User registration form and activate your account from your mailbox, check also Spam folder
2. Use Forum to search for a solution
3. Submit a question there if it's not already answered.
4. If it's an issue and I need further information on reproducing the issue, submit a Support ticket
1. Register using: User registration form and activate your account from your mailbox, check also Spam folder for email
2. Submit a Support ticket
Activate your account using: Account activation form
How to download the latest version of JoomlaWatch? (Should I pay for PRO again?)
Just go to the http://www.codegravity.com/download/ and check if there is new version available. Download and reinstall.
This is a LIFETIME license, so once you purchased it for your domain, you are entitled to download the latest updates and newest versions.
1. please log into the customer zone: http://www.codegravity.com/customer/
2. Enter your paypal ID (if your paypal ID does not work, you probably did not complete the purchase completely - open the support ticket with license problem)
3. Download the version
1. Use the Update function in JoomlaWatch and follow the instructions there
I own a PRO license and want to upgrade to higher version
If you use Joomla 1.6 or higher, click JoomlaWatch -> Update and follow the instructions there
1. Find the original PRO license key. If you can't find it, please open a support ticket and provide your paypal ID
2. In your old version in Settings -> Advances -> click UNINSTALL_KEEP_DATA
3. make a DB backup using PhpMyAdmin, backup all *joomlawatch* tables
4. Download the latest version from customer zone
5. Uninstall the JoomlaWatch components and modules from Extensions -> Install/Uninstall (check all JoomlaWatch entries, click uninstall)
6. Install the new extension (components and modules)
7. Click Extensions -> JoomlaWatch, enter the license key for your domain
I made the payment, but didn't receive the license key, why? What should I do ?
First of all, your payment is NEVER lost. Either you can follow the steps below, or if it doesn't help you, you can open a dispute in paypal to get your money back.
It's because after your payment, paypal didn't redirect you back to codegravity.com. You probably hit cancel or closed the browser tab.
After you install JoomlaWatch, on initial screen after accepting the license, there is the field where you need to enter your license key. Right below is a link "Request correct license key" link. Use this link and the form which will appear after clicking on that link.
This license key request needs to be confirmed, and the confirmation doesn't take longer than 24 hours.
Browser returned HTTP 500 internal server error.
This usually of security restrictions by other components/plugins.
Please check your .htaccess file in your root Joomla directory.
If you use Akeeba Admin tools, you need to go \"Akeeba htaccess maker\" -> \"Server Protection\" -> \"Exceptions\" -> \"Allow direct access to these files\", and add:
Hangs on Loading visits.. An error dialog appears
This is because paranoiac security restrictions of your server:
Your server disallows to access the files directly except for the root folder. JoomlaWatch uses AJAX and therefore it must read the response from the single script .php file, in order to override this exception, you need to find your .htaccess file (usually in the Joomla root folder) and then add this line there:
### Advanced server protection rules exceptions
RewriteRule ^components\/com_joomlawatch/ - [L]
How to install JoomlaWatch ?
I see no stats, I published all modules!
1. Open your home page in your browser.. right click -> View page source
2. search for com_joomlawatch/img.php
3. It's probably not there.. this is an essential part! You probably published JoomlaWatch agent module to the position which does not exist in your template !
4. Go to module manager and publish JoomlaWatch Agent module to some position which will reflect also in frontend (you'll be able to find img.php)
Can't get past the license screen
you most probably installed the wrong package for wrong Joomla version.. there are 2 directories in the downloaded .zip, one for Joomla 1.5 and one for Joomla 1.6 and above.
Please install the correct one !
I have already a API Key from ipinfodb.com for displaying a Google Map in another product. Can I use that key, or should a get a new one for use just in JoomlaWatch?
If the domain is the same, you can use the same key.
I'm using vs 1.2.14 - on joomla 1.5.22 on serveur apache2handler under windows. Q. the flag, the % and country name doesn't show in the front end module. www.lejourdain.net
It was an installation bug, fixed. Please download the latest build.
I install joomlawatch 1.2.14 but I can't see nothing in (Loading visits, Loading stats)
This is a problem of some webhostings.
On Live stats page, click in your browser View -> Page Source
Find a link:
Click this link. You most probably will get a HTTP 500 error. Ask your webhosting provider why this doesn't work.
How can I recover my number activation?. I lost when reinstaled component ioomlawatch 1.2.14 PRO.
1. check your email for the license key
2. open a licensing support ticket and provide your paypal transaction number
Upgrade FREE to PRO
1. Bakup your database using phpmyadmin
2. Click JoomlaWatch settings -> Advanced -> Keep data on uninstall
3. Uninstall the old version
4. Install the new version
Joomlawatch Agent module is required, but how about the other two (user and visitors)?
Only this module is required, other modules are optional
How can i stop some county's to send spam or to visit my site? for example china , turkey etc
1. Make sure your JoomlaWatch Agent module is installed BEFORE any content on your website
2. Create a new Goal in JoomlaWatch
3. Into the field: Country condition type the country code you want to block. Here's the list http://www.modemsite.com/56k/_ccodes.asp
4. Type 1 to field Block or some other address to Redirect to URL :
I have sh404sef and JoomlaWatch displays not friendly URLs
In JoomlaWatch -> Settings -> Expert -> Server Uri key
place there: SCRIPT_URI
instead of: REDIRECT_URL
What should I do if my JoomlaWatch displays wrong time
This usually happens when your web hosting server is in different timezone.
Site -> Global Configuration -> Server -> Locale settings
Adjust the settings the way the time in JoomlaWatch will display correctly
Can I get the license key to test it on localhost?
Registration code for domain: localhost is : 9c7617e4497a118a5d1732d446ec3734
After install I get: Could not find XML in the package
You probably installed the wrong version. You have Joomla 1.6 and you installed package for Joomla 1.5. Please download the correct version.
Last visit map is not updating
Double check your key in the Settings whether it's correct. Also make sure it does not contain any spaces at the start/end.
After discovering this issue with white spaces, extension now trims this string. So you can simply update to latest version.
I have HTTP 500 Error when activating JoomlaWatch, what should I do?
Hi, it's probably you are using JoomFish together with JoomlaWatch. JoomFish uses different database classes. Our developers are already working to resolve this problem.
Corrupted joomlawatch agent image in frontend
Here's the solution for this problem:
First of all, this is not the problem of JoomlaWatch.
This problem is caused because of the presense of UTF-8 BOM (Byte Order Mark) in some of your Joomla files being included before the actual image.
You need to remove the BOM. This is a way how to do it, and I've already fixed it this way on one of customer's website:
1. Download the whole content of your remote joomla into your local directory. (FTP)
2. Use Total Commander and make sure you are in the directory which contains files and directories you downloaded.
3. Press Alt+F7 (or Commands -> Search via menu)
4. Tick Find Text and next to find text type the following: EF BB BF
5. Tick Hex
6. Click "Start Search"
This will scan all your files for presence of BOM. The binary files like images are ok, we are mostly interested in text files like PHP/XML/TXT etc.
If you'll find such files, DO NOT USE WINDOWS NOTEPAD !
7. If you'll open affected file in Total commander using F3 (view), and will click Options -> Hex, you will notice the leading EF BB BF characters (these characters are invisible normally)
8. Use some better editor such as Notepad++
9. Open affected file(s) in notepad++ . From menu, click Encoding (most likely the Encode in UTF-8 will be selected). You need to Click "Encode in UTF-8 without BOM"
10. Save the file(s) and upload to their original location.
This should do the trick. This problem is so frustrating, but I hope this steps will help you to get rid of it. Good luck
I purchased the license, now how can I get the installation package?
Just check your Joomla version (1.5 / 1.6 / 1.7 ...), then download the correct package from http://www.codegravity.com/download/
Install it, and then enter the license key you obtained after purchase into the JoomlaWatch license activation screen.
How do I retrieve a lost license key?
You need to open the support ticket providing the transaction ID from your paypal receipt and your domain name. Then we'll send you the correct license key.
How to erase all stored statistic data ?
In the last tab of settings, there is a link : reset all statistic data
I'm using russian language in JoomlaWatch, but chacters are still corrupted
Put the string (
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8) in .htaccess file
(Thanks to Alexandros)
Hi. If I put Joomlawatch's module access status to "registered" in order *not* to display it, does it still work normally ? Or is there another trick to make it work and remain invisible for visitors ? Thanks in advance, Yves.
You can put it to a debug position in your template (if it exists). This will become invisible for user, but still the agent should pick the visits.
I blocked my own IP.. what should I do ?
to resolve this you need to:
1. log in into admin back-end
2. choose "Anti-spam" tab
3. find your IP in the list and
4. click "Unblock"..
Get the latest freelance project announcements
ExtraWatch™ FREE is Joomla, Wordpress, Prestashop, Magento plugin with following features:
Nightly Email Reports,
History and more
Download ExtraWatch™ FREE